Beginning in 1938 through 1948, John Aitken & Ray Ormond were producers for the Universal Insurance Agency in downtown Detroit. In December of 1948 they took the leap and founded Aitken & Ormond Insurance, Inc. where they remained until 1973 when the New Baltimore office opened. Dan Aitken subsequently joined the agency and managed the New Baltimore location.
Overwhelming success resulted in space constraints at the New Baltimore location and in 1974 a new building was purchased at 9 1/2 Mile Road and Gratiot in East Pointe. Just short of ten years later, in 1982, the office in Grosse Pointe was purchased and then in 1987 a location in St. Clair.
Agency growth continued and by 1990 the East Pointe office relocated to Sterling Heights where a building was shared with First Independent Insurance Agency until 2005 when the corporate office moved to its current address, 23 Mile Road in New Baltimore.
At present day, Aitken & Ormond Insurance Inc. continues to manage and operate three offices located in New Baltimore, Grosse Pointe, and St. Clair.